The firm has experience providing advice to traditional, unique, and innovative workplace environments. We work closely with our clients in designing employment arrangements and policies that manage their legal risk and avoid workplace problems.
We advise clients from hiring, right until the termination of employment, workforce structuring, OHS compliance, and defend clients in case of disputes. We strive to create options for successful out-of-court resolutions, and if necessary, we represent our clients in all stages from administrative labor tribunals to the Supreme Court.
Our lawyers provide a full range of advice on Employment and Immigration matters, including:
- Employment Contracts
- Independent Contractors
- Probationary Employment
- Regular Employees
- Contractual Arrangements
- Dismissal Procedures
- Workplace Discipline
- Employment Policies
Some of the recent projects and work in Labor and Employment of the Firm are:
- Advising the Philippines’ leading Telecoms provisioning, repair, and maintenance contractor who is a dedicated partner of a major telecommunications company in the Philippines on all employment matters, from hiring, termination, and Occupational Health & Safety and DO-174 (Independent Contracting) compliance.
- Defending a US-based Innovative medical technology company that uses technology to help service providers and end-users find each other and transact directly.
- Assisting an Israel-based law firm in advising a digital content and social engagement platform with operations in the Philippines, New York and Israel on applicable Occupational Health & Safety regulations for moderators of the end-client reviewing possibly traumatic and harmful content.
- Preparing the internal Code of Conduct for a public-private partnership supporting the Philippine startup community to conform with the requirements imposed by the grants/funders of the entity.
- Defending a company operating the largest integrated resort of its kind in Asia and the second-largest casino in the world from claims of an employee for violation of the rules on the recruitment and employment of land-based Filipino overseas workers when the employee was allegedly transferred job sites.
- Preparing the retirement plan and advised an international school in Manila in understanding the implications of its current interpretation of the existing policy.
- Advising several clients on the impacts of their labor-related Covid-19 responses.
- Defended workers of a business process outsourcing company in labor-only contracting claims against their employer and the offshore customer.
- Successfully defended a client declared by the Secretary of Labor and Employment as an independent contractor while all other contractors of a major telecommunications company were deemed labor-only contractors. The result was largely due to the Firm’s advice and comprehensive compliance work.