23 Jul Atty. Larisa Serzo promoted to Senior Associate
Disini & Disini Law Office is pleased to announce the promotion of Atty. Aiken Larisa Serzo from Mid-Level to Senior Associate, effective June 1, 2018.
Atty. Lars has been with the firm for two years and has gained experience in the firm’s biggest practice areas – Tech, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT), corporate & M&A , FinTech and emerging media. In the past year, the firm’s FinTech practice has grown into fruition as she worked on projects that involve:
- Assisting one of the country’s biggest universal banks in the latter’s fintech partnerships as well as in the launch of said bank’s open banking initiatives;
- Assisting in the launch of a universal bank’s blockchain application projects;
- Leading regulatory and compliance projects for several fintech companies in relation to BSP licenses for remittance, electronic money, and virtual currency exchange companies;
- Leading projects for a client involved in self-learning/AI technology in relation to a project that aims to increase services for the unbanked.; and
- Providing advice on various blockchain use cases, such as those involving cryptocurrency, and real estate investments.
Her client acquisitions include a publicly-listed Hongkong company; a global virtual currency exchange firm; an SG-based company involved in data analytics, self-learning technology, and credit services; a startup incubation entity that’s the Philippines’ first public-private initiative for startups; and Philippine corporations involved in influencer-marketing, data analytics, advertising, construction, and mining.
She has also been invaluable in the firm’s legal education initiatives for the growing community of Philippine-based startups. This involves both the organization as well as participation in seminars and consultations for startups on basic business law, tech law, and intellectual property law.
Atty. Lars has been cited by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (New Generation Lawyer – TMT) in 2017 and 2018. She has been highly influential in her expertise and has continued to show an exemplary commitment to innovation and technology, paired with an unfaltering dedication to her legal work and to her clients.