Tiffany assists clients with contract review, company registration, and other corporate services. She collaborates with Disini lawyers across the firm’s specialties including data privacy, labor, entertainment, and technology practice.
Tiffany earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Lyceum of the Philippines University College of Law in Makati, graduating 4th in her class. She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020.
Before joining the Bar, Tiffany worked in Procurement and Human Resources.
Tiffany’s recent projects with the firm include:
- Assisting clients in resolving concerns in the areas of data privacy and collaborating with other lawyers in the conduct of a Process Impact Assessment (PIA).
- Analysis of finance technology activities and legal implications in relation to the BSP regulatory framework.
- Addressing legal queries from retainer clients engaged in market research, technology, consultancy, health technology, finance technology, education, to name a few, on matters ranging from contract review, labor, compliance with regulatory requirements, to data privacy.
- Overseeing retainer clients’ submission of annual reportorial requirements such as the annual and/or amended GIS, mandatory notices to the SEC, and conformity with SEC-issued regulations, such as recent issuances on disclosure of beneficial ownership.
- Assisting a US company in the localization of its employment contracts and company policies, including its Occupational Health & Safety policies and Employment Legal Overview.
- Company registration, such as:
- the establishment of a wholly-owned subsidiary in the Philippines that would operate a healthcare facility in Metro Manila and in view of the pandemic, answer the need for remote health services, among others. This included providing advice on additional licenses required in order to engage in the distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Setting up a local company that would advance the foreign corporation’s goals in delivering quality but low-cost technology-enabled health care and health services in the Philippines.
- Addressing queries from a US company how it can explore the Philippine market while leveraging on the Philippine location for its global operations.
- Assisting in due diligence work for a proposed sale of a software and related intellectual property rights.
- Drafting and review of the employee stock option plan for a social media company.
- Assistance in litigation work, such as:
- Research and liaising in preparation for the remand of a land recovery case.
- Drafting of submissions to the Labor Arbiter in the defense of a construction company charged with illegal dismissal.
- Pre-marking in the prosecution of a cybercrime filed by a business process outsourcing company against its former employee.
- Filing of a theft case and preliminary investigation instituted by a finance leasing company.
- Recovery of sums of money.
- Advising a recording artist in the interpretation of the artist’s contract with the label and the artist’s remedies and review and drafting of recording contracts for artists who are interested in limiting grant of rights to recording labels.